@Hok offers the following services to students:
Basic ICT facilities
Support on installation of basic ICT facilities on your laptop:
- Wireless access (Eduroam)
- Wired access (FlexNet and 802.1x)
- VPN access
Manuals are provided on the manuals page of this website.
We support the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Service Pack 1)
- Microsoft Windows 8, 8.1 (Update 1 and newer)
- Mac OS X (10.8, 10.9, 10.10)
We’ll try to assist with other OS-es on a best-effort basis.
We’ll gladly assist you with the topics above. The main idea is you try to do it yourself first. We’re available to assist if you have any questions or if something doesn’t work like it’s supposed to.
We can try to help you with hardware problems, but in most cases you need to contact your reseller for support. For TU Delft laptops we can assist you to determine if and which hardware is failing (or whether it might be a software problem), but we refer you to the support channels to have it fixed.
Software application in Architecture
The following software is supported by all employees:
- Autodesk Revit
- Autodesk Maya (modeling, texturing, rendering)
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
All other applications may be supported by some of the employees. Each employee has their own expertise. Some of the specialized applications include:
- Autodesk Maya (dynamics, animation, scripting)
- McNeel Rhinoceros
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Premiere, Dreamweaver
The employees monitor and manage the jobs running on the renderfarm. They may apply moderation to the queue and can assist you with submitting jobs or troubleshooting failing jobs.
We have a Wacom Cintiq 21UX and a Wacom Cintiq 12WX that can be tried out and tested by students. It’s recommended to bring your own laptop.
We have several books that are available for inspection. They are not available for loan however.